ATM cum Debit Cards - Precautions For Secure Card Transactions
- Change your PIN after first usage & periodically after that.
- Never keep the PIN with the card. Never write it on the card. Best to memorize it.
- Hide keypad with one hand while keying in your PIN at ATM / POS terminals.
- Do not let strangers come in to the ATM room while you are doing your transaction, and do not
take help of strangers at ATM.
- Block and destroy your old card, when you get a new one.
- Insist on swiping your card in your presence in hotels/shops/malls etc.
- Don't throw your transactions slip in ATM room.
- Don't transact if you observe any attachments or unusual devices connected to the ATM.
- Check your account statement periodically.
- If you lose your card Hot list it immediately. Call 1800-112211.
- Do not provide ATM card & PIN details to anyone, not even to the Bank / IBA / RBI / Govt. Agency.
Bank or any other institution will never ask for this information.
- Register your Mobile number at the ATM / Branch to get SMS alerts for all transactions above Rs.5000/-.