Demat facility offers the following features:
- Account maintenance & safe custody: Facilitates maintaining security balance in electronic form.
- Dematerialization: Facilitates converting physical share certificate into electronic balances.
- Rematerialization: Facilitates converting the electronic balances to physical (share certificate) form.
- Account transfers: Facilitates delivery / receipt of electronic balances consequent to market / off-market trades.
- Pledge / hypothecation: Facilitates blocking securities balance of borrowers in favour of lenders for obtaining Loans / advances against shares.
- Initial public offer: Facilitates faster and direct credit of security balances into DP account on allotment through public issue of companies.
- Disbursement of corporate benefits: Facilitates faster and direct credit of security balance into DP account on account of non-monetary corporate benefits such as bonus and rights issues.
- Security lending: Facilitates earning extra income on your dematerialized holdings by the way of securities lending.
Note: To opt for Demat facility and to have the Portfolio Investment Scheme operationalised, please contact any SBI branch authorised to handle Portfolio Investment Scheme.