Online banking is safe and convenient as long as you take a number of simple precautions. Please make sure you follow the advice given below:
- Visit our Internet banking site directly. Avoid accessing the site through a link from another site or an e-mail and verify the domain name displayed to avoid spoof websites.
- Ignore any e-mail asking for your password or PIN and inform us of the same for us to investigate the same. Neither the police nor we will ever contact you to ask you to reveal your online banking or payment card PINs, or your password information.
- We advise you not to use cyber cafés /shared PCs to access our Internet banking site.
- We advise you to update your PC with latest anti-virus and spy ware software regularly. You may install security programmes to protect against hackers, virus attacks or malicious 'Trojan Horse' programmes. A suitable firewall installed in a computer to protect your PC and its contents from outsiders on the Internet is recommended.
- Disable the 'File and Printing Sharing' feature on your operating system.
- Log off your PC when not in use.
- Do not store your ID/PIN in the Internet Explorer Browser.
- Check your account and transaction history regularly.
- Follow our advice - our websites are usually a good place to get help and guidance on how to stay safe online.