OnlineSBI allows you to transact over a completely secure medium, Protected by the most stringent security systems. All your transactions travel via an SSL encrypted medium (minimum of 128-bit to maximum of 256-bit SSL tunnel), the highest level of security on the internet.
EV-SSL Certificates provide you the evidence of the server's authenticity which safeguards users from trusting unauthorised sites and allows the session to be encrypted.
- This is provided by a World's leading Internet Certification Authority, which in this case is VeriSign.
- Look for the padlock symbol either in the address bar or the status bar (mostly in the address bar) but not within the web page display area. Verify the security certificate by clicking on the padlock.
- Clicking on the lock will allow you to see the VeriSign Certificate authenticating the site.
- While we are taking measures to make sure your online transactions are secure, you could also do a few things to ensure the security of your transactions.
Each customer is, provided with a User ID and Password. Your password is generated in such a way that it is only known to you.
In addition we guard against unauthorised entry or viewing in the following ways:
Click here for - EV-SSL Certificate FAQs
- To prevent somebody from guessing your password and getting unauthorised access to your account your User ID is locked immediately in case of three consecutive wrong password entries.
- To prevent an unauthorised person from viewing your Net Banking account in case you leave your computer idle, we close your Internet session in case of inactivity for an extended period of time.(eg: 5 minutes)