You can now pay Direct Taxes (Income Tax, TDS etc) using your ATM-cum-Debit Card issued for an account maintained with any of our branches. This will require One Time Registration for getting a secure code (password). For One Time Registration of your Master/Maestro Card click here. You may click here if you have a Visa Card.To Pay Direct Tax
Visit the CBDT website. You are displayed the Tax Information Network webpage of Income Tax Department.
- Click the challan no. applicable.
- Enter the PAN, name, address, assessment year, major head, minor head, type of payment etc.
- Select State Bank of India from the list of banks.
- You will be redirected to the OnlineSBI site.
- You are displayed options to pay through Internet Banking or ATM cum Debit Cards of SBI.
- Select ATM cum Debit Cards of SBI and click the Submit button. You will be redirected to payment gateway site.
- Enter the card details like card number, CVV / PIN number, expiry date, Card holder name etc. and submit.
- Enter your secure code password and submit.
- Click the Submit button. You will be redirected to SBI with the account number details of your card number.
- Enter the actual tax amount now. You will be displayed pre-confirmation page with the tax payment details.
- Verify the details and click the confirm button.
- Post confirmation page displays a link to print or download the receipt.
- You can also generate e-receipt any time subsequently by clicking here.